Tonight you received a gift – one whole second extra. What happened in yours?
- Said I love you
- Patted the dog
- Fell over the dog
- Felt pain
- Swore at the dog
- Said sorry – not to the dog
- Prayed the computer still worked
- Glanced at the full moon
- Said thank you
- Felt the Earth move
- Received an email
- Sent an email
- Took a photo
- Totally missed it
- Who cares, there’ll be more … hopefully
Actual things that happen in one second –
- The time a bullet travels 900m and penetrates the target.
- The time a snail travels 1cm to avoid falling raindrops.
- The time a honey bee flaps its wings 200 times.
- The time a toad’s tongue snatches a worm.
- The time the earth receives 48,600,000,000kw of energy from the sun.
- The time 79 stars vanish from space.
- If 15,000,000,000 years of space is reduced to one year, the history of mankind is one second.
HAPPY JULY EVERYONE!!