I trashed the original post meant for this morning. Written in angst, a flood of frustration and an outpouring of whining that had whipped me up in to a frenzy. After a lengthy phone conversation with the guru that is my Brother, I’d formed a loose idea on how to get myself out of this fug.
I need to plan some spontaneity!
It seems a bit of a contradiction that spontaneity should take any planning at all. Not that long ago I’d drive off to the coast on a whim in the early hours to watch the sunrise with nothing more than my camera and a hastily packed bacon sandwich. I think I need a bit more than that nowadays so as my ‘guru’ suggested “pack a bag, a bit like expectant mothers keep for dashing off to hospital with”!
So I’ve put some thought in to it .. ok I need to prune that down, I’m not hiking the Himalayas (or perhaps I am!!). Try again –
- journal and pen
- camera – with batteries fully charged
- a flask of something warm, and crackers/cookies/bacon sandwich
- a blanket to lay on and watch clouds and stars
- sat nav .. and a mapbook!
- waterproofs and dry socks – this is England after all
- a jacket with pockets to fill with seashells, pebbles and other treasure
- torch .. not sure why but it seems the right thing to do. Oh and matches for the same reason
- Harvey .. no Harvey, get out of that bag!! Leave the crackers alone
That will suffice for now. This spontaneity is wearing me out and I need a lie down.
Whatever you are doing this weekend, I hope you have an adventure!